So who and what is LFC Seattle?
Well, here's the story so far .....
A long, long time ago .... ok it was back in 2009/2010 .... A couple of guys contacted Liverpool Football club to inquire about how to go about getting a Supporters Club together. Knowing quite a few reds in the pub we thought it may be fun to get to know each other better and come together with a common goal ..... Supporting the mighty reds!
So upon this first contact with LFC, it was discovered that a few others already had the same idea. Luckily LFC put us in touch and the rest as they say is history .... Except ..... We were still barely a handful and Liverpool FC were not just going to give us Official status .... So thats where the hard work began:
- Started with less than a dozen people interested.
- Through word of mouth, with a nudge here and there, our numbers started to grow.
- We quickly had over 100 interested people on an email list.
- We started the facebook group which has over 200 members now.
- We attempted to produce a webpage!
- We started our twitter account with a handful of followers and have rapidly grown.
- From 2010 we were in constant contact with the club.
- We produced some tshirts to advertise our 'unofficial' Supporters Club in the attempt to get more LFC fans interested.
In March 2013 we got the call. We were official .... (Click the certificate to see more)
It was actually quite sudden and it began to dawn on us that we had a lot of hard work ahead of us!
So here we are .... Officially Official !
The next steps were:
- Set up a Board / Committee to get the Club off the ground.
- Find a bar or two that could accomodate us (St Andrews Bar & Grill and Doyles Public House)
- Seek out more fans who want to get involved.
- Deciding what we wanted to do for the members (Membership pack).
- Get a website finally up and running.
- Start making watching Liverpool fun for all the members and their families!
So moving forward ....
We are looking to create some fun times watching the games as well as put on some events where we can all meet up and get to know each other better. Check out our Mission Statement for more information.
We look forward to making your acquaintance !